The Funny Farm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Funny Farm

A place to have some fun with friends

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fun with Telemarketers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Fun with Telemarketers Empty
PostSubject: Fun with Telemarketers   Fun with Telemarketers EmptyTue May 01, 2007 12:16 pm

If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.

If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "Why do you want to know?" Alternately, you can tell them, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my stomach is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died..." When they try to get to the sell, just keep talking about your "problems."

If they say they're Joe Doe from the XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.

Cry out, in well-simulated tones of pleasure and surprise, "Judy! Is that you? Oh, my GOODNESS! Judy, how have you BEEN?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where she could know you from.

Say "no", over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep an even tempo even as they're trying to speak. This is the most fun if you can keep going until they hang up.

If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up with their Family and Friends plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can muster, "I don't have any friends...would you be my friend?"

If they clean rugs: "Can you get out blood? Can you get out GOAT blood? How about HUMAN blood?" Alternate: "Sorry, my floor is made of stone."

Let the person go through their spiel, providing minimal but necessary feedback in the form of an occasional "uh-huh", "rilly" or "how fascinating". Finally, when they ask you to buy, ask them to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them you couldn't just give out your credit card number to a complete stranger.

Tell them you work for the same company they work for.
Example:
Telemarketer: "This is Bill from Water Tronics."
You: "Water Tronics! Hey, I work for them too. Where are you calling from?"
Telemarketer: "Uh...Dallas, Texas."
You: "Great, they have a group there too? How's business/the weather?!?"
Telemarketer: "Sorry, we can't sell to employees."
You: "Oh, okay. Bye!"

(Jerry Seinfeld version) Tell the telemarketer your busy at the moment and if they give you their phone number, you'll call them back.
Telemarketer will say "We're not allowed to give out our number".
You say, "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at work, right?".
Telemarketer will agree. You say "Now you know how I feel!" Hang-up.
Back to top Go down
https://thefunnyforum.niceboard.com

Fun with Telemarketers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Funny Farm :: Your first forum-
Jump to: